When we host family and friends in our home during long weekends, summer vacations, or other times of the year, a common problem arises: we don’t have enough beds in our homes for them.
Although the sofa may be a temporary solution, it is not exactly the most comfortable option. For this reason, the most practical solution is to get the best air mattress.
Top 5 Bestseller Air Mattress
But the use of air mattresses is not limited to the home. When we go camping on the beach or in the mountains, it is more comfortable to rest on one of these than on the typical mat.
To correctly choose an air mattress, you must consider who is going to use it, since you can find mattresses of different sizes, wherefrom a child to two adults with a baby could rest.
Throughout this article, we will detail the essential criteria for choosing an air mattress and the best options you can buy right now.
5 Key Characteristics of Best Air Mattress
Before choosing the best air mattress, you must take into account these five fundamental points to find the most suitable for you and guarantee your rest:
No air loss: it is common for air mattresses to leak a little air when using them, so the lower that amount, the more firm it will be.
Resistant material: as it is an air-filled mattress, it is important that the material that covers it is resistant, that it supports scratches, and prevents possible punctures.
Easy inflation mechanism: there are both motorized and manual versions, but the most important thing is that it is easy to inflate.
Fast filling speed: the quicker the mattress inflates, the less work it will take to assemble it.
Low weight and small size when folded: as it is a product that is used occasionally, it must take up little space when stored. Also, in the case of wanting to transport it, it is appreciated that it weighs little.
Top 10 Best Air Mattress Reviews
These are the wirecutter best air mattresses according to the results of our tests and the opinions of the users:
Intex – Dura-Beam Plus Series Ultra Plush Airbed, Queen
- Unlike traditional airbed construction, high-strength polyester fibers do not stretch over time, resulting in superior and long-lasting durability
- The 18" raised height provides easy access onto and off the bed
- A built-in 110-120V internal pump will inflate and deflate the airbed with the switch of a button
It is a double-height air mattress with a soft and velvety surface, ideal if we want to sleep at a height of almost half a meter from the ground.
For this reason, we find it incredibly convenient for those elderly visitors, since they can get up and go to bed more comfortably and without too much effort.
It can support up to 273 kg, making it a good option for the rest of the two adults. Its width also leaves enough room for them to sleep comfortably.
However, in our tests, we have observed that it loses some air during the night (not much), so you may have to inflate it a little again the next day.
It is made of resistant materials that are distributed as follows:
- 86% PVC
- 7% ABS
- 3% polyester
- 2% copper
- 2% rayon
This makes it resistant to punctures and scratches from pets. Plus, it comes with a repair patch kit in the event of an accident.
To inflate it, it has a built-in 2-1 electric pump that can inflate/deflate the mattress in approximately 3.5 minutes. As it must be connected to a 220/240 V outlet to function, it is a model intended for use within the home.
The mattress is somewhat heavy (9 kg), another reason we consider it an option for use at home. However, it has a transport bag that facilitates its storage and transfer.
- Its height allows you to get up / lie down easily
- Space for two people to sleep widely
- Inflates/deflates quickly without any effort
- Resistant material
- It deflates a bit overnight
- Is something heavy
- It can only be inflated by connecting to an electrical outlet
Etekcity Camping Air Mattress
- Design in California: For any questions on your product, call, email, or live chat our customer support team In Southern California. We’re always ready to help
- Wireless Rechargeable Pump & Quick Inflation: this comes with a rechargeable pump, and the air mattress can reach full inflation in 90 seconds.
- Fourth-Generation Technology: The air mattress’ inner construction is built with the latest tech. Wave beam inner support structures are more durable and stable, meaning the Inflatable mattress can support up to 650 lb.
It is an ideal mat for the rest of two adults to go camping or traveling in a motorhome because: It is resistant to water and punctures.
- Easy to inflate with the help of its portable pump.
- It can be cleaned quickly and easily with a damp cloth.
- It fits in a two-person tent.
The Etekcity inflatable bed can support up to 295 kg, so in our opinion, it is a good option for two people, even of robust constitution, to sleep in it.
When testing the mattress overnight with two adults, we have observed that it loses a little air, but not so much as to dawn on the ground.
It is made with materials that repel water, so it is an ideal inflatable bed for the outdoors. Besides, it incorporates a 0.4 mm thick PVC flock finish that provides a soft and velvety texture.
For its part, the pump can be powered from the car’s cigarette lighter or from the typical plug, which is quite useful to charge it if you are at home or in a car/motorhome. Besides, its filling time is very fast: approximately 1 minute.
It comes with a bag for transport and weighs only 4.58 kg, making it ideal for carrying in your camping backpack.
- Rechargeable pump
- Repels water
- Convenient and lightweight to transport
- Short filling time
- The pump does not work connected if it has no load
- Lose some air
Overmont Extra 4.7in Thickness 27.5in Width Sleeping Pad
If you are a natural explorer, you like to go to the mountains, rivers, and lakes. You are looking for a small, compact, and lightweight camping mattress that is also resistant to punctures, water, and other factors.
The Government is probably what you need. This individual model can tolerate up to 182 kg, having an adequate holding capacity to not wake up with your back glued to the ground.
It is convenient if you have a small or individual tent. The counterpoint to its size is that if you are taller than 1.85 m it will probably fit you. Besides, its 60 cm wide may not allow you to stretch much when sleeping.
We liked its resistance to punctures, even on uneven terrain, which makes it reliable and versatile. However, the material with which it is made is somewhat slippery so you may slip a bit when sleeping
Regarding the swollen, different points have caught our attention:
- Requires no tools, inflates by repeatedly pressing its filling chamber with your foot or hands.
- Its filling time is relatively fast (2-3 minutes).
- It does not lose air even after several days of use.
This inflatable bed also stands out for its practicality to carry, as it only weighs 1.2 kg and when stored in its bag it is so compact that it can be carried in the side pocket of the backpack.
- Comfortable to carry
- Does not lose air even after several days of use
- Does not require electrical elements to inflate
- Too light and compact when folded
- Fair width
- It falls short for very tall people
- The material is somewhat slippery
Bedsure Queen Air Mattress with Built in Pump
- Queen Blow up Mattress with Durable Material: Soft flocked PVC surface is non-wear and ductile. There will be a slight air leakage after the first inflation, and this is a normal part of the process. After repeated inflation, when the ductility of PVC reaches its limit, there will be no further air leakage. Thick multi-layer and puncture-defiant PVC helps keep off air leakage. These features make Bedsure’s Air Mattress durable for long-lasting usage.
- Air Mattress Built in Pump Queen:Compared with a traditional single air chamber mattress, a dual air chamber makes the air bed more supportive. So as to make sure you or your loved ones enjoy this support, please open both air switches at the same time, and keep it in 3-5 mins. If the unit starts to overheat, the power supply will shut down automatically. If that happens, please let the pump cool down for 1/2 to 1 hour before using it again.
- Easy to Store and Carry: The deflated compact size is only 17''x 7''x 13'', which is ideal for storage and transportation. Bedsure air mattress is suitable for overnight guests, family outings, camping adventures, or anytime an extra bed is required.
If you have pets at home, it is best if you bet on a resistant inflatable mattress with good protection against punctures and scratches. This is the case of the Bedsure, which is manufactured with two layers that make it hermetic, waterproof and resistant :
- A 0.2mm waterproof flocked top
- A 0.4mm non-toxic PVC inner layer
It is an individual double-height model, with a generous width (99 cm) so that one person can stretch comfortably. This inflatable bed can also support a weight of 295 kg so if you are a robust constitution. It is an excellent option to consider.
In our tests, we have found that it loses a little air after several consecutive hours of use with a weight of 95 kg on it. However, the manufacturer ensures that the person remains horizontal at all times (parallel to the ground) and not convex (arched), keeping the back upright.
Inflation is very practical: you only have to connect it to a power outlet since it incorporates an electric valve. Although, in our opinion, the inflation is a bit slow (approximately 4 minutes). It can also be filled manually with your foot pump. Deflation is accomplished quickly by opening the manual release valve.
It may not be the lightest mattress to carry, weighing 6.68kg. However, it has a transparent bag that makes it easy to transport.
- Resistant even to pet nails
- Folding takes up little space
- Electric and manual inflation option
- Lose a little air at night
- It’s a bit heavy
Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed
- Inflatable Queen airbed for home use engineered with Fiber-Tech Construction
- Built-in, high-powered electric pump for hassle-free inflation and deflation, inflates mattress in approximately 4 and 1/2 minutes to the desired firmness
- Waterproof flocked top raised 22 inches from floor with indented sides to keep your fitted sheets from slipping
If you are used to sleeping without a pillow or using yours, this option will be attractive for you. The Fibertech Comfort Plus does not have a thick and elevated headboard like other models, so you can choose the type of pillow you want to use.
This makes it ideal for people with back problems. It is a single-size, double-height inflatable bed, which can support up to 136kg, a relatively medium capacity. In our opinion, if you are a robust person (more than 85 kg), you may have the feeling of sinking into it.
If this is your case, we recommend you consider other options. We observed that when we move towards the edges during our tests, the mattress is somewhat unstable, so if you are one of those who carry a lot at night, it may not be the best option.
The manufacturer claims that its interior walls are reinforced with a resistant material to avoid punctures and without pores to achieve more excellent air retention.
It can be inflated utilizing its integrated electric pump by connecting to a 220/240 V outlet in a time of approximately 2.5 minutes. It is ideal if you are looking for a quick bed to fill without much effort.
Although it is not the lightest single mattress (6kg), it has a bag to store it and take it where you need it. In addition, due to its dimensions, it can easily fit in a closet or shelf.
If you are not convinced that it does not have a headboard, you have the Intex, the deluxe version that, unlike the first, comes with a built-in pillow and has a softer touch.
- Allows you to sleep in a completely flat position (without a pillow) or use your own
- Quick and easy to inflate
- With reinforcements for better air retention
- Intermediate weight-bearing capacity
- Not stable if you move a lot
Active Era Premium Twin Air Mattress
- COMFORTABLE & SUPPORTIVE: Raised 18 inches from the floor this air mattress twin is fitted with 21 structured air-coils which provide head to toe support for a relaxing and comfortable night’s sleep. This advanced support system prevents the dips and bulges which are common on other models of airbed, and allows for a weight capacity of up to 265 pounds.
- BUILT-IN PILLOW: This blow up mattress with built in pump features a unique 3-inch built-in raised pillow for improved head and neck support and improved spinal alignment for bed-like comfort throughout the night.
- FAST INFLATION: The integrated easy-to-use electric pump quickly inflates the twin size inflatable bed to full firmness in less than 3 minutes. At the flick of a switch it will automatically deflate the airbed for easy storage and transportation in the handy travel bag provided.
The Active Era inflatable mattress is characterized by having an ideal size to use in narrow spaces (99 x 187 x 53). If your house is small or you need to sleep with a friend or relative sporadically, this may be a good option for you.
This double-height single inflatable bed can support 184 kg of weight, making it suitable for slim and robust people. It also incorporates a pillow (raised cushion), providing adequate support on the head and neck.
The vinyl with which it is made is very resistant. The manufacturer claims that it resists a 15mm puncture, making it a durable bed that resists jogging well. The counterpoint to this material is that it is a bit noisy, which can be annoying if you move around a lot while sleeping.
But this has an easy solution: if you cover it with a bottom sheet (something that we always recommend for hygiene and to extend the useful life of the mattress), you will avoid the problem.
We have noticed that it loses a bit of air at night, slightly decreasing its stiffness and the support it provides to our body.
It has an electric valve that inflates the mattress in a brief period (1.5 minutes). And if you don’t have a plug at hand, you can inflate/deflate it using its manual valve.
In addition to the single model, you can find the double-sized Active Era (152 x 203 x 48) with the same inflation characteristics, built-in pillow, and resistance.
- Ideal for small spaces
- Integrated cushion
- Electric and manual valve
- Available in single and double version
- May lose some air
- It’s a bit noisy
Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed
- Inflatable twin airbed with built-in electric pump for home use
- Waterproof flocked top with vinyl beams, sturdy construction, and built-in pillows for added comfort
- High-powered, built-in pump makes inflation and deflation easy, inflates mattress in approximately 3 minutes
The Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed is a comfortable but straightforward solution, ideal for accommodating sporadic visits or having an extra mattress in a second residence. The features that we like about this mattress are:
It incorporates a pillow with an adequate elevation level (6-7 cm), ideal if you like to sleep with your head up.
- It is suitable for use both indoors and outdoors.
- The sides have a specific elevation to reduce the risk of falling.
- The surface is smooth, velvety, and pleasant.
This individual model can support 180 kg to be suitable for people of different sizes, weights, and ages.
In our tests, we have observed that it generates some noise, which can be annoying for people who wake up quickly.
Another aspect to take into account is that its velvety surface tends to wear out with use. However, the manufacturer indicates that it is made with quality PVC, which provides long useful life and reduces puncture risk. Also, the mattress comes with a repair patch.
It has an integrated air pump that inflates the bed in 3 to 4 minutes. Its system is straightforward to use, merely connecting it to the current and putting the valve in the inflation position.
It is a very light mattress, it only weighs 2 kg. If you add that it comes with a storage bag, it is probably one of the most compact and comfortable options to carry and store. Of course, the bag’s material is a bit flimsy, so if you give it a lot of trot, it will possibly break in a few months.
- Very tight price
- Quick and easy inflation/deflation
- Very light
- Includes 6-7 cm pillow
- The velvety wears off after a few months of use
- Make some noise
- The storage bag is flimsy
Bestway Queen Flocked Air Bed
- Comfortable flocked sleeping surface
- Sturdy coil beam construction for extra support
- Quick inflation/deflation screw valve
If what you are looking for is an inflatable mattress for a picnic with your partner, a picnic or some other outdoor activity, the Bestway Airbed is an exciting option that you should consider because:
Fits in a 2 x 1.6-meter tent.
- It is very resistant to punctures.
- It is light and practical to carry.
- Its size allows two people to rest comfortably.
It is manufactured under the Tritech I-beam structure, which means that it comprises three layers that give it the property of being rigid and resistant to punctures.
This double model can support 180 kg, which is usually more than enough in general. However, it will not be the best option if both people are of a robust constitution.
It also includes two independent pillows that can be filled quickly and easily by blowing.
Keep in mind that it does not include a pump to inflate the mattress, so you will have to buy one separately or inflate it by lung.
In our opinion, it is probably not the best option for the elderly or for people with back problems since its height (22 cm) does not provide the same comfort as a double-height mattress that offers greater support in that area.
- Proper size for use in a tent
- Includes separate pillows
- Its three-layer structure makes it resistant to punctures
- Not very high
- Inflation pump not included
- Not suitable for two robust people
Intex Pillow Dura-Beam Series Rest Raised Airbed Internal Pump
- QUEEN SIZE: Dura-Beam technology provides your guests with a cozy inflatable 22-inch Queen-size air mattress during their next visit with elevated height making it easier to get in and out of the mattress
- INTERNAL PUMP: Built-in 120V pump will inflate and deflate the airbed with the switch of a button in just 4 minutes. Ultra-lightweight bed adjusts to your personal firmness preference for an incredible night’s sleep
- COMFORT: Soft-flocked surface for extra comfort with indented sides to keep your fitted sheets from slipping with plush dual air pillow top for added comfort
Suppose you are looking for a mattress suitable for all ages, even for the smallest of the house. In that case, this is the case of the Standard Classic Downy which, despite its classic design, turns out to be suitable for children for different reasons:
The surface is smooth and silky, which translates into a pleasant touch ideal for the little ones.
- Their height does not pose a threat if they fall by accident while sleeping.
- Its materials are 100% toxic-free.
- It can be placed in the back of a large car or van by reclining the rear seats so that children can rest on long trips.
- Includes two independent pillows for a more pleasant rest.
Although it is suitable for all audiences (the manufacturer specifies that it can support 273 kg), in our tests, we have observed that it loses a little air if two robust adults use it.
Another aspect to consider is that, despite having a soft surface, the indentations of this mattress are quite pronounced, so it can become a bit uncomfortable if you are looking for a mattress to sleep more than 3-4 nights in a row.
It has a 2-in-1 valve to inflate/deflate the mattress and comes with a manual pump that allows you to fill it in 5.5 minutes. Some users comment that, due to its design, the valve can be easily opened and accidentally lose air, but it seemed to us that it closed correctly.
It’s waterproof and made from quality vinyl, so it’s likely to last a long time.
- Includes manual pump to inflate anywhere
- Adapts to the needs of children
- It comes with two separate pillows
- Its indentations are very pronounced
- The mouthpiece can be accidentally opened
- Filling a bit slow (5.5 min)
Bestway Airbed with Built-in Pump
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
It is a comfortable and well-sized inflatable mattress so that visitors can sleep almost as well as in a bed. The Bestway Aeroluxe Queen Double is convenient if you will use it very sporadically and do not want to make a large outlay.
This inflatable bed is designed for two people and can tolerate approximately 200 kg. Therefore, two adults or even two adults and a child can rest in it.
In our opinion, it is intended for sporadic use, as it loses a bit of air at night and must be filled every morning.
The mattress is made by the structure I-beam of Tritech. This means that it incorporates three layers that provide more excellent resistance, and firmness and prevent it from deforming.
Of course, its outer layer’s light color tends to get dirty quickly, so if you want to keep it spotless, you should wipe it with a damp cloth before storing it after each use.
It integrates an electric air pump that inflates the mattress in less than 4 minutes. Therefore its filling is quick and easy.
It is probably not the lightest mattress (6.31 kg) but it has a bag to store and transport comfortably wherever you need it.
It also integrates a pillow on top, so you will save having to buy pillows for guests separately.
- Good value for money
- Robust and fast filling
- With a pillow incorporated into the headboard
- Due to its color, it gets dirty easily
- Not recommended for widespread use
What to Consider When Choosing Best Air Mattress
The inflatable mattress’s height usually gives us an idea of how comfortable we will sleep on it.
The higher the height, the more distance between the ground and our back, which generates a feeling of elevation similar to what we would have if we slept in our usual bed.
With a high inflatable bed, it is also easier to lie down and get up since if we sit at one end we can perform these actions with less effort. This is something that older people are especially grateful for.
To choose the size of the inflatable mattress, you must take into account mainly three factors:
- The number of people who will sleep in it.
- The weight of these people.
- The area of the place where you plan to place it.
Similar to regular mattresses, inflatable beds are named for their size:
- Individual or Single: it is a mattress for one person, with a width of around 90 cm. They are generally inexpensive and take up little space. Ideal for taking camping.
- Double: they are larger than a single bed and are designed so that two people can sleep. Its most common width is 135 cm, so it may be that two corpulent people are too small. Recommended if we usually receive visits.
- Queen or Double: It is usually slightly larger than the double size, as it is around 150 cm wide. With this inflatable bed we gain a little more comfort in exchange for taking up more space.
- King: the most considerable measure in inflatable mattresses, big enough for two adults and one child to rest. It is about 180 cm wide and is ideal for receiving family members with a small child.
There are different systems to inflate a mattress of this type. Some are easier and faster than others, although this also affects the portability of the bed.
Some mattresses are inflated by a manual pump that we must actuate with the foot or the arms. This requires some effort and, in addition, the inflation time is usually slower than that of an electric pump.
For their part, electric pumps are divided into two groups:
- Those that connect to the electrical outlet of the house.
- Those that use batteries.
The former is essential if we will use the mattress indoors, while the latter is more practical when we are outdoors.
Because many mattresses lose air when bearing weight on them, some have a valve that allows them to fill overnight and compensate for possible air loss. It’s not cheap, but it’s beneficial when multiple people are sleeping.
Ability to retain air
Surely, it has happened to you sometimes that, you have stayed to sleep on an inflatable mattress and you have woken up almost at ground level because you had lost a lot of air.
So that this does not happen to you with the mattress you choose, you should pay attention to this characteristic by selecting a bed with a quality integrated valve, which retains air and prevents its constant loss.
You should also look at the materials with which it is made and the number of fibers or layers it has, since if it is easily punctured, of course, each hole, no matter how small, will cause it to lose more and more air.
When choosing, the mattress should ideally:
- Have a self-filling system, ideally electric.
- Be a model that retains as much air as possible.
This is especially important if two people are going to sleep in the bed or have a robust constitution.
Resistance to punctures and scratches from pets
This factor is related to the quality of the material with which the mattress is made. If you have dogs or cats at home, it is a fundamental characteristic to take into account.
It is normal to think that the claws of the furry ones in the house can be a threat to our inflatable mattress, even more so if they are used to climbing on the sofa or your bed.
For this reason, it is essential to find a model that, in the face of pinches and scratches from our pets, is not easy to puncture. Therefore, try to get an inflatable bed made of resistant material such as PVC or Tritech technology, with reinforcements and of good quality.
You should also make sure that the mattress is tightly closed. This could prevent air loss if our pet accidentally touches the deflation valve.
Ease of transport
If you plan to buy an inflatable bed that will serve you for your trips and adventures, its transfer must be comfortable and easy.
For this reason, it is essential to check whether a bag is included, as it will make it easier for you to move with the mattress on your back while protecting the bed when transporting it and while you have it stored.
Another critical factor in a travel mattress is that it is as light as possible. You will appreciate it, especially if you have to carry it in your backpack.
You must pay close attention to whether the manufacturer offers a guarantee and for how long.
In the case of having pets, check if the mattress warranty covers punctures in the event of an accident of this type since not all manufacturers offer it.
opts for a model with an auto-inflation system. You should also make sure that its warranty covers engine breakdowns or similar problems, since being an electrical element, the possibility that it may fail after a short time of use is not ruled out due to a power surge.
Be careful with what you invest in your inflatable mattress! Many times saving a little money translates into a bed that loses air in a short time and that we have been punctured after the third use.
However, if you are looking for something that will get you out of a tight spot very occasionally, you don’t need to spend $ 100 on the mattress either. The important thing is to think about the use that you will give it and, within your possibilities, make an appropriate payment.
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great Air Mattress? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching Air Mattress Reviews.
This is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest Air Mattress available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
We’ve done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for Best Air Mattress that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying Air Mattress?
- What benefits are there with buying Air Mattress?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective Best Air Mattress?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any Best Air Mattress?
- Which Air Mattress is good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about Best Air Mattress?
We’re trustworthy that you likely have far more questions than just these concerning Air Mattress Reviews, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get facts from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Possible origin sources can include buying guides for Air Mattress, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible Best Air Mattress. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
We provide an Air Mattress Reviews buying guide, and the report is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information.
How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available Air Mattress currently available on the market.
- Brand Value: Every brand of Air Mattress has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features: What bells and whistles matter for Best Air Mattress?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your Air Mattress.
- Customer Ratings: Number rankings grade Best Air Mattress objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to rankings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed reports from real-world users about their Best Air Mattress.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with Air Mattress Reviews, occasionally less or more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable Best Air Mattress is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
We always remember that maintaining Air Mattress Reviews information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here concerning Best Air Mattress is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly!
This type of furniture was not designed for daily use, because if you sleep on it every night, it can cause certain problems, both for yourself and for those who sleep on it.
On the one hand, it could affect its durability, making its lifespan shorter, and on the other, the user could start experiencing pain in the spine. For this reason, it is more advisable to use it correctly and sleep in it only on camping nights and other trips.