Do you know what is an electric smoker, and how does a smoker work? Using an electric smoker could be a perfect way to get your own meats smoked anywhere. All you need to do is Just season the product which you are smoking, select your preferred temp and time adjustments, and let the smoker handle the rest. In a few hours, your meat will smoke to perfection.
I came to know about this product when one of my friends took an electric smoker with him during our winter trip, and throughout the trip, he kept on calling it the best meat smoker. Seeing how good this works for meat proteins, I also decided to buy one, but I don’t want to buy the same one, so I looked for electric smoker reviews, to find out the best smoker which can be used outside as well as an indoor smoker as well. It took me a while, but in the end, I did that, keeping some important things in my mind.
This article will help you find the best electric smoker so you can get what you deserve, without the hassle of all the research I had to go through. Here are the top 3 best smokers, according to us.
Top 10 Bestsellers
Top 10 Best Electric Smoker Reviews
Masterbuilt MB20073519 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker
- Bluetooth Smart technology allows you to control temperature, lighting, monitor meat temperature, and power your smoker on or off
- Four chrome-coated smoking racks
- Patented side wood chip loading system to add wood chips without opening smoker door and losing heat
This electric smoker is digital, and you won’t find many of the best electric smokers under 300 dollars to be digital. You won’t come across many options with a price of fewer than 300 bucks and digital features in it, so it is the best meat smoker according to the user reviews.
It is effortless to put it together quickly. This smoker comes with already paired Bluetooth. It gets Paired quite quickly, and the app is fantastic and very easy to use.
Masterbuilt is one of those brands that you can trust with their products and whatsoever they claim.
Overall it’s a wonderful product to go for and is the best smoker for beginners.
- Digital feature enabled.
- Blue tooth technology.
- In-built Thermometer.
- Good for Grilling.
- The warranty period is short.
- Thermometer accuracy is questionable.
Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- Digital panel controls on/off, cooking temperature and time
- Electric Smoker dimensions – 20.47" W x 19.88" L x 33.26" H | Max temperature setting – 275ᵒ F | Inside capacity – 2 Turkeys, 4 Pork Butts, 4 Racks of Ribs, 6 Chickens
- Patented side wood chip loading system allows you to add wood chips without opening door
The amount you can fit is pretty impressive, but beware that you usually have to cut larger racks of ribs in half to fit (so that’s one full rack per tray, a total of four racks). You could easily fit 4 whole chickens or Boston butts, though. If you aren’t familiar with any of these food items, you can fit five or six teacup chihuahuas inside.
The seal on the door is great, and the absence of a window actually helps the seal. The wood chip replacement slot is genius, although it can be hard to insert if overfilled. The amount you can easily fit into this cylinder is surprisingly all you need to get some good smoke.
Tip: Boil some water and pour it into the water pan when starting a smoke. The chip tray is between the heating element and the water pan, so it takes hours to get cold water steaming. Steam helps smoke adhere to the meat, so boiled, steaming water right out of the gate is your friend.
- Four chrome-coated smoking racks.
- Wood Chip Loader.
- Digital Control (control cooking temperature and time).
- Patented side wood chip loading system.
- It comes with basic racks only.
- Warranty is limited and short.
Masterbuilt MB20070210 Analog Electric Smoker
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Temperature control is easy with analog dial
- Wood chip tray slides out for easy ash removal
The Masterbuilt 30-inch electric smoker does have a cooking area of 548 square inches, and you can get it on 3 cooking racks. The size is good for your friends and family because, at the time, you can fit 1 turkey or 4 chickens.
This smoker has dual insulation to be sure inside the smoker; the heat and the smoker are secure.
The heating factor of 1500-watt will generate temperatures from 100 ° F to 400 ° F, which means that you can smoke any form of food inside. In addition to Masterbuilt smoker tables, you’ll have a wood chip tray and a water pan within so that you can be sure that the smoking conditions are correct.
The temperature gauge is built into the smoker’s window, so you can read quickly what the temperature inside is. It’s a truly reliable smoker. When you want to smoke salmon at low times (150-175), The issue is the rack keeps the wood chip pan up by a good 1/2 inch off the heating element. Your mileage can be variable.
- Easy to use
- Have a Wood chip tray
- 1500-watt heating element
- 548 square inches
- No windows
- No side doors for wood chirps
Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker 6 in 1
- ★ ULTIMATE 8-IN-1 (Cover included): Barbecue wood fire pellet grill: bbq✓bake✓roast✓braise✓smoke✓grill✓sear✓char-grill
- ★ Pellet Grill Technology: There isn't an easier way to get wood-smoked flavors than with a pellet grill. Try it, and you'll taste the difference from a GAS or CHARCOAL grill
- ★ Set the Temperature, Relax, and Enjoy: Z Grills pellet grills will do all the work for you once you set the temperature. No labor-intensive start-up. No babysitting the grill. Enjoy the cooking!
Z Grills offers food with a wood fire taste for the entire community or family at the convenience of gas or propane, using the latest wood fire technology. It has a broad range of temperatures (180 to 475 degrees Fahrenheit) with a cooking capacity of 20 pounds of meat in 20 hours for grilling, smoking, roasting, baking, reheating, searing, or barbecuing.
Z Grills uses the ‘Woodfire’ technology to reach the target temperature extremely fast & accurately. Also, the grease doesn’t build up for the sake of the grease collector. The wheels make it easier to move the smoker around in my yard. And need to say that installing this smart machine took me only 1 hour, with all tools needed in the box. It has a modern look, pretty unique among all the grills.
It is one of the best electric smokers for beginners. First-timers will not worry about cooking with Z Grill. Because of temperature control and LED display, it has an electronic auto-start ignition for easy operation and real-time monitoring settings.
- Easy to use
- Cook Food with a Wide Grilling Area
- Huge grilling area
- Fan forced cooking convection
- Difficult Assembly
- pellet hopper doesn’t feed properly
Char-Broil 19202101 Deluxe Black Digital Electric Smoker
- Insulated, double-wall construction
- Advanced control panel with easy-read, blue LED display
- Removable food thermometer
The Char-Broil Deluxe Wireless Electric Smoker is the ideal product for lovers of outdoor smoking, grilling, and cooking. With 725 square inches of cooking space, which is internally spread over 4 customizable smoking racks, this digital electric smoker offers the ability to cook a wide range of meat-whether cooking for a smaller or larger party.
With this smoker, you will be getting 4 to 7 hours of smoke with the large capacity smokebox before you have to refill. Just sit and wait to get prepared for your delicious meal.
It has 4 racks for smoking meat and has a good drip tray to help keep it cleaner. It has room for me to fit the a-maze-n smokebox at the bottom; Char-Broil’s Digital Electric Smoker allows the user to use his washable and reusable, integrated meat probe to take the guesswork out of smoking. Char-Broil’s Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker includes premium insulated double-wall construction for heat and smoke locking.
- Insulated, double-wall construction
- Blue LED display
- Removable food thermometer
- Glass door
- Large, steel locking latch for smoke-tight seal
- Corded electric
- Remote is made up of flimsy materials
- Digital readout hard to visualize in daylight
Masterbuilt MPS 230S Propane Smoker
- Four chrome-coated smoking racks
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Push-button ignition lights burner quickly and easily
With the Masterbuilt MPS 230S Propane Smoker, smoke your favorite foods year-round. Using an integrated temperature sensor and push-button ignition, you can produce results that are ready for competition in your own backyard. Four chrome-coated racks have enough space for Smoke up to 8 chickens, 2 turkeys, 4 rib racks, or 4 pork asses. Use the optional porcelain-coated water bowl to add moisture and flavor over the entire process of cooking. Master the art of Masterbuilt smoking.
It weighs in at 56 pounds and features four food shelves. The 15,400 BTU burner offers the power required for regular cooking times, and a push-button ignition lights it up. It has a proprietary “heat disk cup,” which both guards the burner against grease leakage and keeps wood chips as well.
- no-frills design
- In-built thermometer gauge
- Dual-purpose porcelain flame disk bowl
- Protection of a 1-year warranty
- Relatively easy to clean
- The door can let smoke escape
- A flame disk bowl can collect grease
Americana Charcoal Combo Water Smoker
- Item Package Length: 24.699999974806"
- Item Package Width: 19.699999979906"
- Item Package Height: 17.599999982048"
The Americana Electric 2-In-1 Electric Combo Water Smoker’s chimney-like construction with loose-fitting, ventilated cap and tight-fitting doors produce a steady flow of fresh smoke for full flavor. Smoke escape can be reduced by shutting down all vents without incinerating the smoking source and only allowing smoke to wind across the hood’s perimeter. Braising function allows for the full flavor and moisture, perfecting a juicy and tender product with much less effort.
The unit’s exterior is not the toughest material, but it is sufficient enough. The finish is excellent because some painted smokers do not have a discolor. Some smokers of this type have to be pushed separately. When you lift it by the handles, the bottom stays in place. Doors with smoke are of sound quality.
- adjustable heat range
- stainless water pan
- Easy to use
- A bit difficult to clean
Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Pellet Grill & Smoker
- Product 1: Your purchase includes One Traeger Grills Pro Series 22 Pellet Grill and Smoker. Cover not included
- Product 1: Grill dimensions – 27” D x 41” W x 49” H | Weight – 103 lbs. | Cooking Capacity – 572 Sq. In. | Accommodate – 4 Chickens, 5 racks of ribs or 24 burgers | Main rack – 418 Sq. In. | Extra rack – 154 Sq. In. | Hopper Capacity – 18 lbs
- Product 1: Never use gas or charcoal again: cooking with wood just tastes better. Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste
The Traeger Pro Series 22 grill is a nice-looking straight package. The Traeger Pro Series 22 pellet grill takes much of the conjecture out of low and slow grilling, making this barbecue style available to everyone.
You can smoke on this device if you can fill the pellets and set the knob. The same goes for grilling, roasting, and all the rest. The wireless controller makes it one piece of cake.
The TRAEGER has a small firebox in the bottom middle where the pellets are burned. Pellets are fed via an auger. Above the firebox is a heavy-duty steel sheet for heat distribution. Above that is another sheet of steel (on a slight angle) to direct runoff grease into a collection bucket. ALSO, the cooking surface is a porcelain grill.
- total area: 572 square inches
- Have a Digital Pro Controller
- Features an auto-start system
- The grill doesn’t have proper internal insulation
Smokehouse Products Little Chief Electric Smoker
Little Chief is one of the most renowned and trusted brands in the market. The Little Chief proved an excellent candidate for anyone on a tight budget. Yeah, it comes at a low price, but it’s a reliable smoker, you can be certain. For all the beginners in terms of smoking food, it is certainly a great quality smoker.
The smoker will do a great job keeping the heat at a consistent temperature, and while it seemed somewhat flimsy at first, it’s well made and does exactly what it’s supposed to do! The front door panel lifts off easily but also holds in all the smoke during operation. Adding wood chips in the pan is simple with the small door panel, so you don’t lose all the heat and smoke.
You can use this to complete dry meats out to make jerky, or adding some apple cider or water to a tray on the bottom allows food to absorb tons of flavor but not dry out, so you can transfer it to a hot grill for quick searing.
- Made up of durable materials and a solid aluminum body.
- Its grilling racks can be removed and cleaned easily.
- 2-year warranty.
- It’s a dry smoker
- Doesn’t have any water pan
Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
- 544 Square inches of cooking space spread across three chrome-plated cooking grates
- Double-wall insulated construction with dual exhaust ports.Wash cooking grate with warm soapy water, rinse and dry throughly
- Door-mounted temperature gauge, and dual latches to keep door sealed shut
Whether you’re new to smoking food or searching for a better option for smoking, the Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker makes delicious smoked food easy to produce. It’s easy to maintain an even smoking temperature while infusing smoky flavor with an enclosed cooking chamber and large capacity wood chip box. An incorporated water pan prevents the meat from drying out and guarantees optimal juiciness in the beef.
This smoker includes three chrome-plated cooking gratings to provide the versatility to cook for a small family or large gathering. Such features are supported by the Analog Electric Smoker and more, all constructed with durable construction and quality materials to ensure it is designed to last. One-year warranty on the entire unit.
There is enough room to easily accommodate a group of 4-10 guests, either grilled or smoked, their choice. Another good feature is a reusable grease tray, and it is beneficial to reduce flare-ups.
- Dual exhaust ports
- Large cooking area
- Wood chip box
- Door-Mounted Temperature Gauge
- No viewing window
- No handle with the door
Things to Consider While Buying the Best Electric Smoker
Number of Openings
This feature is important to consider as it tells you after the temperature gets too hot how the system’s heat is going to escape. Also, more smoke will make protein or BBQ less pleasing and appetizing.
The flow of heat in the system
There are two types of Heat inlet systems, “Top to Bottom” and “Bottom to Top.”
The best smoker comes with a very user-friendly and easy cleaning procedure or the machine.
Temperature Control Options
A rheostat or thermostat detector, viz. temperature detector, is a crucial part of a good electric smoker as it allows you to control.
There are multiple options with food trays. Trays can be oriented horizontally with or without inclination, and trays differ in size as well.
No one will want to spend a lot of money and still not get the best electric smoker and also not everyone can afford so that you can check our recommendations, these are surely worth it.
How do Electric Smokers work?
Using an electric smoker can be a perfect way to have your own meats smoked at home. Unlike conventional charcoal smokers, which need to be closely monitored, electric smokers make it feasible to slow-cook meats without continuous monitoring.
- If you are using it for the first time, season it, which means let the machine run for some time empty.
- Turn on the smoker by hitting the power button.
- Add the recommended amount (as per the manual) of wood chips to the built-in chip tray.
- Before starting to cook, preheat the smoker to 200-225 F.
- Place a full container of water at the bottom of the smoking chamber carefully.
- Place your meat/protein directly on the racks inside the smoking chamber.
- Shut down and lock the door of the smoker.
- Smoke your items for the time as per your requirement or recipe.
- Please turn it off and take out the meat once your required time is over.
Electric Smokers FAQs
Are electric smokers worth it?
If you are a BBQ or steak lover, this product is definitely for you, and to help you know more, we have a guide for the best meat smoker here.
What is the best smoker, Gas or Electric?
Gas smokers are less expensive than electric smokers.
Do electric smokers use a lot of electricity?
No, they use an average of 800 watts per hour.
How long does it take to smoke fish in an electric smoker?
It takes an average of Two Hours to smoke the fish.
What is a good smoker for a beginner?
You can go for any Masterbuilt electric smokers if you’re a beginner, but we have a few recommendations for you as well.
What are the best electric smokers? We have enlisted the top best possible smokers in our review, have a look at that.