If you’re looking for the best shower curtains available on the market, you’ve come to the right place. In the following article, we review the best 6 curtains models and reveal their pros and cons.
Don’t know what to look for in a shower curtain? No problem, we can help you with that. Read our comprehensive buying guide to learn which are the features a shower curtain must-have, and which ones you should avoid.
Not only do we reveal the advantages and disadvantages of the different materials used for making shower curtains, but we also explain how to find the right model for your bathroom.
Intricate design or a simple color? Which will fit better in your bathroom? Sometimes it’s only a matter of taste, but other times it’s a matter of practicality. Small bathrooms can look crowded if you install a shower curtain with a complex design, while large rooms can seem bland using simple shower curtains. Read on to find the right match.
Top 10 Bestseller Shower Curtain
No products found.
Best Shower Curtain Reviews
Resistant Fabric Shower Curtain
No products found.
This is one of the best-selling shower curtain models available on the market today. The curtains are made out of moisture-resistant polyester fabric, so they are more durable than other models.
The curtains are mold and mildew-resistant, and they are very easy to wash. You don’t need any fancy or expensive cleaning products to keep these curtains looking as good as new. All you need to do is to rinse them with clean water or use a damp cloth after you use the shower.
- Machine Washable – You can wash the curtains in an automated machine, so they are really easy to keep clean
- 90-day Guarantee – If you’re not satisfied with your purchase, you can have all your money back if you return it within 90 days. This is good proof of the amount of confidence the manufacturers have in their products.
- Tiny Hanging Holes – More customers complained that the holes in the top hem are smaller than those of other models, and they don’t fit onto regular shower curtain rings. However, they do fit on S hooks, so you will be able to hang them.
White Shower Curtain By Remax Design
No products found.
This is one of the best-rated shower curtain models available on the market in 2021. The curtains are made out of polyester and they are easy to clean. The material is durable and can be cleaned using a damp cloth. The curtain is waterproof and mold resistant, so you will be able to use it without any kind of problems for many years.
The curtain also comes with metal grommets. The grommets are made out of rust-proof metal, and they enhance the curtain’s aspect, making it look more sophisticated. They also prevent the curtain from ripping around the rings.
- Environmentally Friendly – These curtains are environmentally friendly and they don’t have a plastic odor when you open the package. Only safe substances are used for producing the curtains.
- Mold And Mildew Resistant – The curtains are mildew and mold resistant, so they won’t stain over time. You can use a damp cloth or water to clean them from time to time.
- Bottom Hem Is Not Weighted – The curtains do a decent job of keeping the water inside the shower, but a weighted hem would improve this feature.
Blue Ocean Shower Curtain
No products found.
This shower curtain features a nice and realistic illustration of a tree in the cold season. The curtain is made out of fine polyester and is very easy to clean and maintain. You only have to clean it with water or wipe it with a damp cloth to keep it looking as good as new for years.
The shower curtain is delivered with plastic hooks and metal grommets. The grommets are rustproof, and they will prevent the curtain from ripping when you hang it from the hooks.
The polyester material used for these curtains is waterproof and mold resistant, so it’s a good choice for people with poorly ventilated bathrooms.
- Health Friendly – The curtains are made out of antibacterial polyester material, so they will maintain your bathroom mold and mildew free.
- Light Color – Even though these curtains have a tree illustration on them, they are lightly colored, so plenty of light will enter your shower.
- No Front And Back Tag – You should keep in mind that the curtain doesn’t come with front and back tags, so you should take a good look at both sides before installing it.
Cascade Shabby Chic Shower Curtain
No products found.
This shower curtain uses cascading ruffled layers to provide a retro look to your bathroom. The shower curtain is made out of polyester and is easy to clean and maintain.
The curtain’s material is soft and translucent, and the seams are well finished. Each ruffle is sewn to prevent fraying, and the top of each ruffle has two stitches for increased resistance to wear and tear.
The curtain allows a lot of light to enter the shower, so this model would be a great addition for people with dimly lit bathrooms.
- Chic Design – If your home has a retro design, this is the perfect shower curtain for you. Not only will the curtain maintain the home’s general appearance, but it will also actually improve it
- Personality – Unlike other shower curtain models which will only prevent you from spilling water on the bathroom floor, this model will enhance your bathroom’s look, giving it a personal touch.
- Hate It Or Love It – This shower curtain has an intricate design most people aren’t used to seeing in a bathroom. This design will either make a person love or hate the curtain. If you’re sharing the bathroom with another person, you might want to check with them before buying.
InterDesign White Shower Curtain
No products found.
This shower curtain is made out of top-quality polyester and has water-repellant and bacteria-resistant properties. The curtain is white and thin, allowing a lot of light to enter your shower.
When water hits the curtain, it will glide off very quickly without penetrating the fabric. This feature allows the curtain to dry quickly, as well.
The curtain’s buttonholes are reinforced with double stitches which will protect the curtain from ripping after you mount it on the plastic hangers. The bottom of the curtain is weighted, so it will be very efficient at keeping the water from splashing on the floor.
- No Scent – The curtains are made out of the material without scent. The material is more environmentally friendly than the vinyl used for other curtain models.
- Machine Washable – You can clean this shower curtain periodically using a damp cloth. However, every shower curtain has to be more thoroughly cleaned from time to time. The great thing about this curtain is that it’s machine washable, so you can clean it without any difficulties.
- Quality Varies – The quality of this shower curtain seems to vary depending on the seller. Some customers receive good-quality items that do what they’re supposed to, while others complain that their products are very bad.
InterDesign Thistle Shower Curtain
No products found.
This is one of the most popular shower curtain models available online in 2021. The curtains have a beautiful print depicting a thistle, making it a great addition to most bathroom designs. The shower curtains are made out of fabric, so you will need an additional liner to use it properly.
The curtain is 84 inches tall, so it will reach down to the floor in most bathrooms. The curtain is machine washable, and you can even tumble dry it and iron it if you want to.
The top hem is reinforced with rust-resistant grommets to keep the curtain from ripping.
- Easy Maintenance – The fabric shower curtains are easy to clean and maintain. All you need to do is to protect them with a liner and wash them using an automated machine from time to time.
- Nice Design – The shower curtain has a nice design. The thistle print comes in many colors with different backgrounds, so you’ll be able to find the right combination of colors for your bathroom design.
- Liner Needed – These curtains are not waterproof or water-resistant, so you will need a shower curtain liner to keep the water from exiting your shower. This will add to the initial cost of the curtains. However, the manufacturer has a lot of good-quality liners available for this model.
May you also like: Best Towel Warmer
Shower Curtain Buying Guide
Whenever you decide on renovating or redecorating your bathroom, you should keep in mind that a shower curtain can dramatically change the overall aspect of the room. Shower curtains are made out of different fabrics with plain or intricate designs, and finding the right one for your bathroom is not only a matter of taste, it’s also a matter of practicality.
Here is a list of the things you should think of when you’re looking for a shower curtain.
What Type Of Shower Curtain Should I Buy?
Shower curtains can be made out of synthetic, natural, or organic fabrics. Using each of them has advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to know them before you make a purchase.
- Synthetic Fabrics – Most of the popular shower curtains sold today are made out of synthetic fabrics. These fabrics are usually vinyl, nylon, and polyester. Each of them has certain properties that make them well-suited for the job at hand.
- Vinyl Shower Curtains – Vinyl shower curtains are water-resistant, so no matter how wet they get, the water won’t penetrate the material. They are also a cheap solution, so you will be able to buy a curtain without breaking the bank. Unfortunately, vinyl shower curtains tend to smell bad for a long time. From the moment you take them out of the box until you throw them away, these curtains will smell like plastic. Another disadvantage of vinyl is that it’s not impervious to mold or mildew buildups, so you will need to clean it up frequently.
- Nylon Shower Curtains – Nylon shower curtains have the advantage of being both water and bacteria-resistant. They are easy to clean and maintain, and you can wash them using an automated washing machine. This kind of shower curtain is not expensive, and you don’t need a liner for it.
- Polyester Shower Curtains – These are some of the most popular models available on the market. Using polyester as a fabric for shower curtains is great for manufacturers because polyester can be produced in a vast array of patterns and colors. The fabric is not expensive and it’s waterproof and mildew resistant. Other advantages of using polyester curtains include their creasing and shrinking resistance, the fact that they’re environmentally friendly, and that they dry quickly.
- Natural Fabrics – Natural fabrics are still used for shower curtains because they are considered environmentally friendly products, they can be produced in a lot of different patterns and colors, and they are easy to clean and maintain. Cotton and linen are the most common fabrics used for producing shower curtains.
Natural fabrics look more luxurious than synthetic ones, and they’re usually thicker, giving your bathroom a more refined look. They are also softer than synthetic materials, so they will feel better to the touch. Natural fabrics are considered more environmentally friendly than synthetic fabrics, and they have a smaller carbon footprint. The great thing about choosing a shower curtain made out of natural fabrics is that you can usually pick one which comes with matching towels.
Using a shower curtain made out of natural fabrics doesn’t have only advantages. In fact, there are several disadvantages you should keep in mind before buying one.
Natural fabric shower curtains are not waterproof or water repellant. They actually absorb water very quickly. This means you will have to buy a liner if you want to extend their lifetime, increasing your initial investment.
This kind of shower curtains can become incubators for mildew and mold if they’re not protected carefully and if they’re not properly dried. Hard water can leave stains on the curtains as well.
If you don’t wash and dry them properly, the shower curtains can shrink over time. They are also more expensive than synthetic curtains.
- Organic Fabrics – These shower curtains are made out of hemp. Unlike cotton or linen, hemp is naturally more resistant to bacteria so mildew and mold won’t develop as easily. They are also more environmentally friendly than any other type of shower curtains.
Hemp is stronger and lasts longer than cotton, and the weave allows the material to breathe, further increasing its resistance to mold and mildew growth.
However, there are some disadvantages to using hemp shower curtains. The curtains will absorb the water, dripping it on the floor eventually. You will need to wash the curtains more frequently than other materials. This kind of shower curtain is also more expensive than its counterparts.
Shower Curtain Liners. Do I Need Them?
Needing or not needing a shower curtain liner depends on the type of material you choose for your shower curtain. If the shower curtain is made out of synthetic material, a curtain liner will not make that much of a difference. The shower curtain will be able to stop most of the water by itself, so the curtain liner will only help to a small degree.
However, if you decide to use shower curtains made out of natural fabrics, buying a curtain liner is definitely a good choice. This kind of shower curtain is not able to stop the water from splashing on the floor on its own. More than that, these shower curtains will, in fact, absorb the moisture and let it drip on the floor afterward. They are also susceptible to become mold and mildew incubators, so you will need to use a curtain liner to protect them and extend their life period.
Shower curtain liners are made out of water-resistant materials, and their role is to stop most, if not all of the water, from exiting your shower. In the past decades, the most common material used for shower curtain liners was PVC. This material is cheap and water-resistant, and it helps with keeping mildew development at bay. However, the material is produced using a lot of harmful materials, and it does not disintegrate, so many people consider it’s not an environmentally friendly option.
There are more environmentally friendly options for a shower curtain liner. You can choose one made out of polypropylene, which is a more environmentally friendly plastic than vinyl.
How To Make Sure You Pick A Good Shower Curtain?
Choosing and buying a good shower curtain is not just a matter of picking the best-rated model and trusting other shoppers that that is the best choice you can make. There are certain details that will help you determine which is the best shower curtain model for your bathroom.
- The Weave – We agree that checking out the weave of a shower curtain is difficult since most of them are already packed in a plastic bag, and most people shop for them online. There are several things you should find in the product’s description which will help if you know what to look for. Look for products with a reinforced top hem, especially close to the ring holes.
- Reinforced Grommets – Reinforced grommets will protect the shower curtain from ripping after you hang it from the rings. Manipulating the curtain without reinforced grommets can lead to rips and tears of the curtain’s top hem, damaging it permanently. The grommets can be reinforced with double stitching or with metal. It’s very important that the metal used for the grommets is rustproof, otherwise, it will be only a matter of time until it rusts.
- Weighted Bottom Hem – If the bottom hem of the shower curtain is weighted, the chances of it moving from the side of the shower and dripping water on the floor are slimmer. Not only will this make the shower curtain more efficient, but it also makes it look better because it keeps it stretched.
How To Choose A Good Color For Your Shower Curtain?
Choosing a good color for your shower curtain is a matter of taste, but it’s also a matter of practicality. Not all bathrooms have the same design, so you have to be careful to pick a color and a pattern that will enhance the look of the whole room, not just the shower.
- Beware Of The Light – If the light in your bathroom is not very bright, you should choose a shadow curtain that will allow a lot of it to reach the shower. You should either go with a transparent model, or a white one. Don’t choose dark colors that will block the light or thick threads which will also stop more of the light than thinner ones.
- Mind The Accessories – The shower curtain shouldn’t match only your floor and/or wall tiles. It should match the other bathroom accessories as well. If your tower hangers are chromed, use a chromed bar and chromed rings to hang the curtain instead of plastic ones.
- Maintain The Style – You shouldn’t install a modern-looking shower curtain in an old-fashioned bathroom, and you shouldn’t install classical-looking curtains in modern bathrooms. There are a lot of shower curtain models, so make sure you choose one that matches the design of the bathroom.
How To Clean And Maintain Your Shower Curtains?
Most shower curtains require minimal maintenance, so you’ll be able to extend their life period by only cleaning them regularly. Cleaning the shower curtains is done differently depending on its material. If the curtain is made out of synthetic material, you can clean it regularly using water or a damp cloth. From time to time, you can machine wash nylon and polyester curtains, but not vinyl ones.
If your shower curtains are made out of natural fibers, you should protect them with a shower curtain liner. When they get wet, make sure they are well dried before using them again. Keep in mind to wash and dry the curtains regularly to prevent the growth of mildew and mold.
May you like: Best Towel Warmer
Shower curtains are indispensable accessories for every person who uses a shower without a cabin. Not only does the curtain keep the water inside the shower, but it also enhances your bathroom’s design.
Choosing the best shower curtain is not very easy in a market overwhelmed by-products when every product is described as being the best, but there are several features you should take into consideration to make sure you buy a good model.
A shower curtain does not necessarily have to have a pattern, but it has to match the design of your bathroom. Small baths usually appear larger if you choose a bright color for your shower curtain, while larger bathrooms can accommodate shower curtains with intricate designs.
A good shower curtain will be easy to clean and maintain, so you will only have to wash it once in a while to extend its life period.
Read more: Best Handheld Shower Heads