Find the best ankle weights to add resistance to your workout and make your exercise more effective?
One way to add resistance (as you probably know) is to make use of ankle weights.
This guide covers pretty much everything about ankle weights.
Before we review each of the products in-depth, take a look at our top picks for 2022.
Top 10 Bestseller Ankle Weights
Top 10 Best Ankle Weight Reviews
Nayoya 3 Pound Adjustable Ankle Weights Set
- Set of two, 1.5 lb cuffs (for a combined 3 lb. set) help strengthen and tone ankle/wrist muscles while improving movement. Great for seniors, kids and adults
- EASY TO ADJUST: A ring closure and adjustable strap effortlessly adjusts to desired fit
- COMFORTABLE TO WEAR: Securely fastens to provide comfort for walks, aerobics, and resistance training
These Nayoya weights come with a nylon carry pouch to make it easy for you to get these weights to the gym. These weights are excellent for a variety of exercises including jogging, kickboxing, walking, etc. You can even wear them while doing chores around your home.
- The soft material of these weights will not chafe or irritate your skin.
- With these weights, you will not feel icky sweaty because the material absorbs moisture.
- With the Velcro strap, you can quickly adjust these weights to fit snugly.
- The adjustment strap on this weight is not practical for larger ankles.
All-Pro Adjustable Ankle Weights
- Cushioned flaps protect the ankles and permit full freedom of movement
- 10-lb pair (5-lbs each) ankle weights
- Weight adjustable up to 5-lbs per ankle in 1/2-lb increments - solid iron weights
This pair of weights is the best option for those who want a variety of weight options. These All-Pro ankle weights have ten empty slots that can hold ½ pound each. This fact means you can gradually add weight and resistance to your workout.
- With these All-Pro weights, you can adjust the resistance by ½ pound increments
- All-Pro does not use sand in its weights to remove the chance of accidental tearing making a mess.
- These weights allow you to progress up to five pounds without purchasing another set.
- When the extra weights are put in, these weights can be bulky to wear.
HEALTHYMODELLIFE Ankle Weights
- ★ BEST IN QUALITY - Our remarkable cuffs are padded above the competition, keeping you focused on your form, and toning those glutes to perfection. These are Best In Class! Go on, compare us. No wonder our Ankle Weights are standard equipment for Victoria Secret Angels!
- ★ THE NEXT LEVEL - Increase resistance, and you increase your fitness gains! Combining unbeatable comfort with an enduring design, we help you get from zero to hero faster by adding just the right amount of resistance for your home gym routines!
- ★ EVERYWHERE YOU ARE - Whether it's a brisk jog on your lunch break, or a mean Pilates session on Saturday, PINC Active Ankle Weights are up to the task and easy to take with you. So, when you need a little extra challenge, we're here to make sure you're getting healthier and stronger!
With Healthy Model Life Ankle Weights, you can adjust the fit around your ankle with the Velcro strap. These weights are soft but sturdy when worn correctly. Each weight is doubled stitch to ensure durability.
- The Healthy Model Life Ankle Weights are the most affordable ones on the list.
- These weights are excellent for beginners because they can adjust to the proper amount of weight.
- The color of these weights helps to hide any sweat or dirt stains.
- When you purchase these weights, you are stuck at a certain amount of pounds without room to adjust.
Nordic Lifting Ankle/Wrist Weights
- ANKLE / WRIST WEIGHTS: With included Carry Bag - by Premium Fitness Equipment brand Nordic Lifting™
- COMFORTABLE & DURABLE: Designed for comfort and durability with reinforced stitching and neoprene padding
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE & SAFE: Easily switch from ankle to wrist with a large Velcro pad - The weights even have a reflective trim which provides safety for outdoor use
These weights were designed to be used for surgery rehab, therapy, and strength training but are excellent for a variety of other uses also. The indoor, lower-impact users are going to benefit the most from these types of weight.
- With reinforced stitching, these Nordic weights were designed for durability.
- These weights can be easily adjusted to fit your ankles or your wrists.
- The reflective trim on these weights makes it safer to exercise outdoors or at night.
- Some reviewers state the weight can rub the leg uncomfortably.
Yes4All Comfort Fit Ankle/Wrist Weights
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT AND DURABILITY: Ankle/Wrist Weights are made of Neoprene exterior, reinforced stitching and sturdy outer trim
- EASY ADJUST VELCRO STRAP: Secure D-ring and a large Velcro band provide a greater fit for ankles and wrists for your ankle weight / wrist weight
- PERFECT FOR FITNESS, CARDIO EXERCISES OR PHYSICAL THERAPY: Add more resistance and challenge to increase lower body strength, rehabilitate muscles, improve balance, and coordination for physical therapy, home workouts, walking, jogging, core training
These ankle weights are super comfortable making them the best ankle weights for walking. These weights are the perfect choice for those who do exercises that are controlled with fluid motion.
- The exterior of these weights is neoprene and double stitched to increase durability.
- The Yes4All ankle weights come in a variety of colors and five external pockets.
- The removable iron sand weights make it easy to adjust these weights to your needs.
- These weights tend to shift lower while you are exercising.
Da Vinci 2 LB Adjustable Ankle Weights
A variety of users state that the Da Vinci Adjustable Ankle weights are the best ankle weights for glutes. This pair of weights is also excellent for those who have issues strapping smaller weights around their ankles.
- The Da Vinci ankle weights are some of the most comfortable weights on this list.
- These weights will attach securely and stay in place during exercise.
- Da Vinci ankle weights come in a variety of weight choices to fit your needs.
- Even though these are comfortable, people have stated that snagging can occur on the hook and loop closures.
Gaiam Fitness Ankle Weights
- ANKLE WEIGHTS: Build lower body strength one step at a time with these adjustable ankle weights - 5lb Set (2 x 2.5lb weights)
- COMFORT-FIT: These adjustable ankle weights offer a superior fit so you can concentrate on the exercises and not the equipment
- ADD RESISTANCE TO YOUR WORKOUT: Ankle weights are a great addition to your exercises by providing resistance strength training for Pilates, yoga, dance, aerobics and other cardio routines
The Gaiam Fitness Ankle Weights were designed for those between 5’ and 5’ 11” tall and weigh less than 300 pounds. The cuff-style weights are ideal for those with average body size.
- The manufacturers of Gaiam ankle weights designed them to be easy to adjust.
- The hook-and-loop closure of these weights is an excellent addition to this design.
- The Gaiam ankle weights are made from fabric that is comfortable and won’t stick to the skin.
- These weights run a little smaller than other weights on this list.
- Set of two weights, 2.5 pounds each, features sleek neoprene exterior with adjustable strap and soft non abrasive terrycloth interior to absorb moisture
- Easily adjusts to hug the ankle or wrist for customized fit, reflective trim provides added safety for outdoor and evening use
- Increase weight in strength training and rehabilitation programs without changing technique, which is fundamental to the principles of progressive exercise
The soft, terry cloth inner lining of the TheraBand Ankle Weights makes them one of the best ankle weights for running. These weights also have reflective trim for those who like to jog at night. This trim keeps you visible and safe.
- With a Velcro strap, the TheraBand ankle weights are easy to get on and off.
- The manufacturer of these weights has provided a color-coded resistance system.
- With the inner lining, TheraBand ankle weights will absorb moisture while preventing sweat from leaking.
- The one drawback of these ankle weights is they are not adjustable.
- COMES IN A PAIR: 2 ankle weight straps with adjustable weights each weighing 5 lbs
- ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS: 5 individual sand-filled bags of weight secured in individual pouches, weights can be adjusted from 2 to 10lbs for increased resistance
- EASY TO ADJUST: Self-gripping Velcro closure for easy removal or great fit for ankles and wrists
If you want weights to grow with you, the Valeo AW10 is the best choice. These weights come with five pockets on each of the cuffs. These pockets allow you to add extra resistance as you need it.
- The Valeo AW10 was designed with an extremely comfortable fitting.
- With the Valeo AW10 pockets, you can adjust the resistance by adding one-pound sandbags.
- These weights also come with an adjustable ‘D’ ring to ensure you the best fit.
- Some reviewers have complained the extra sandbags tend to leak.
Zensufu Ankle or Wrist Weights Pair Set
- Purple - 2 lbs pair (1 lb each)
- Comes with a black travel pouch
- Convenient for gym, exercise, fitness, walking, jogging, gymnastics, aerobics
With a unique leg cuff, the Zensufu Ankle Weights are an excellent choice for female trainers. They will fit properly to maximize your training and exercising routine. The form-fitting style will ensure the weights fit easily and comfortably to your ankles.
- The Zensufu Ankle Weights are incredibly comfortable to wear regardless of size.
- These weights are made from durable material to ensure a long-lasting product.
- With the adjustable strap, you can be guaranteed the Zensufu weights will fit properly.
- The strap is adjustable on these weights, but the weights themselves cannot be adjusted.
Ankle Weight FAQs
How many pounds should I first use?
When you first start using ankle weights, it is vital not to start with heavy, challenging weights. You should start with a lighter weight to get use to the feel of the weight on your ankle. Typically, it is best to start with weights less than two pounds. Over time, you continue to add weight to keep getting results.
How do I get the best workout and avoid injury?
When using ankle weights, it is best to be careful of how you do your workouts. Be careful to use the proper form. If you have incorrect exercise form, it can cause muscle strain, pain, and injury. It is also essential to have the appropriate amount of weight. If the weight is too large or too small, it is ineffective.
How do you choose an ankle weight?
Most people like a padded weight made from fabric that does not irritate the skin. Adjustable weights are also an excellent choice. These types of weights allow you to add or reduce weight according to your workout routine and needs. The ankle weights should also be able to adjust to fit around the ankle. The size and shape of the ankle weights should also be considered when choosing a particular type.
What is the right size of ankle weight for me?
Ankle weights offer a variety of choices when it comes to size. Most brands of weights offer the actual measurements of the weights. These measurements can help you understand if they will fit comfortably. If you are not sure, visit a local sports store and try some weights to see which brands fit correctly. A proper fitting ankle weight will be snug to the ankle and not move up and down.
What key benefits come from using ankle weights?
Using ankle weights provides a wide array of benefits. You will increase stamina and strength because your workouts will be more effective. The ankle weights can also tone your legs as you walk, play sports, and jog. When you are doing Pilates, ankle weights can help strengthen your core muscles. Ankle weights challenge your muscles to work harder building strength in a shorter amount of time.
What are water ankle weights?
Some ankle weights use water instead of a substantial inner burden. The water makes the weight extraordinarily flexible and adjustable. It is possible to change the weight in these ankle weights by adding or subtracting water. The water ankle weights also have little hard surface area to rub against your skin.
Can ankle weights improve my vertical jump?
If you want to make your vertical jump better, you should use weighted jumping and weights during training sessions. This usage will add extra difficulty that will increase your leg and body performance. Another idea is to use a weighted vest with your ankle weights to provide even more resistance.
May you like: Best Running Shoes